Tuesday, May 6, 2008

A Moral Dilema Averted

For me, this is the off season. It can be desperately boring. I have a hard time getting excited about the singular baseball games with 5,678 of them still to be played. Soccer is...well...I enjoy watching my wife play it but consider myself to be FAR from being a fan of the game. Now the NBA playoffs...Ahh thank you Jazz for providing several moments of transition on the way to Football Season.

-A Moral Dilemma Averted-

Jada Rose gets energized when she hears and sees me yelling and pointing to the screen. When she hears me screaming at the TV, She will come running into the room yelling GO GO GO! Formerly she was used to looking up at the screen and seeing #6 of The Utes Rumbling and Tumbling for a 1st down. However, this time there is noticeably some confusion on her face as to why I am so enthusiastic about a "blue" team. Her eyebrows drop, her mouth frowns and she glares at me as if to say "how could you?" I kneel down and point to the screen "Sweetie, that's UTAH...Utah Jazz" she is still confused, and doesn't believe me, but soon the synapse connects, the light turns on, her dimples again accentuate and she starts jumping up and down. Okur hits a three and I jump out of the chair! She yells GO GO GO with excitement then looks to me for approval and asking permission "UTAH?" I reply "thats right sweetheart, UTAH!"

So thank you Jazz for helping me bridge two aspects in my life to the University of Utah, in both an off season segway, and helping to alleviate an obvious moral dilemma by allowing me to teach my child that its ok to cheer for a blue uniform as long as you still say "GO UTAH!!!"

Below are Photo's from Sunday Dinner at Bob and Claire's. We were celebrating Craigy's graduation from...the name of the school escapes me I think it is some Academy down south? As well as his engagement to the Beautiful Emily Stringham!




1 comment:

Fun times at the McF home said...

I love that you are teaching her the important things in life...blue is bad.