Thursday, March 13, 2008

Tag!! Where were you....

20 Years Ago: Well 20 years ago to this day I was probably sitting in Mrs. Vickory’s class trying not to embarrass myself. The Utes stank! Brad Arbon, Jeremy Christofferson, and Bart Brisko were the coolest dudes at Adelaide Elementary. Def Leopard was radical, David Lee Roth was awesome, and my Levi Jacket was getting plenty of use …and yah lets just leave 20 years ago where it belongs.

10 Years Ago: Hmmm I was dating Laura Ward who actually loved Chad Nestman, going to SLCC, bought a 96 Camaro, and the Utah basketball team was playing in the National Championship game! The Golden Retriever that my family bought while I was on my mission was Gay (not that theres anything wrong with that) and I decided to get another dog, so I bought “Shadow” The most loyal dog to ever walk the earth!


5 Years Ago: Thank the LORD I was able to bypass writing about the prior 5 years! They involved Chad Nestman…late nights….and stories that will NEVER be repeated. To the Day however sadly enough I was mourning the loss of my faithful Dog “Shadow” he contracted a strange disease and began to bleed internally. We put him down exactly 5 years ago yesterday.
However Life was getting pretty sweet. I was a newly wed to Andrea! A hottie Oregonian turned Utahn! Spent that year living in a one bedroom studio apartment learning how to live in a relationship where one spouse is the Oldest Child (know-it-all) in their family and the other spouse is the Youngest Child (the baby who knows it all)

3 Years Ago: Well the Utes had crashed the BCS! And we were making a Sweet 16 appearance! How things have changed! Andrea and I had bought our first house! My mother was going through some life changing issues. Andrea and I started ‘flirting’ with the idea of having our first child. I had graduated from the University of Utah with a LUCRATIVE DEGREE in SOCIAL WORK! (tic).


1 Year Ago: Well Andrea and I were swimming with Humpback Whales, Dolphins, and Sharks! We were in Kauai celebrating the fact that our family remained in tact through a liver transplant, and a catastrophic death of a parent. We loved it so much that we saved all year to go again! Leaving in 6 hours!!!

So Far This Year: “LIFE IS GREAT!!! I couldn't be happier. We have a gorgeous healthy baby girl. “ Sorry I plagiarized Loni on that first line. But the same is true with us! Jada is such a wonderful part of our lives, each day is frosting on our cake! We live the here and now, not knowing what the coming year could bring. In fact if my buddy Rob wasn’t going through his issues with his little boy I would say Life is Perfect.


Yesterday: How about you just read the post below. Unlike Loni, and even worse Teya! I try to update once a day.

Today: Well the most difficult thing about today is leaving my baby girl! Both Andrea and I look forward to each moment we spend with that little munchkin, and it breaks our hearts to leave her for 10 days! BUT the Legacy of my parents was to make sure that at the end of life you say to yourself “ I left nothing on the table” I ran, I swam, I surfed, I laughed, I walked, I cried, I hugged, I spent, I saved, I skied, I biked, I read, I watched, I learned, and I LOVED LIFE! And I did it as hard as I could!

I tag:

1. Rob or Angel

2. Joel

3. Meghan W.

Does Joel even keep a blog? I just want to get some dudes participating so I don’t feel so Gay (not that there’s anything wrong with that!)

4 comments:

Merianne said...

Hi Troy,

So glad you found my blog. I have been a lurker on yours for a long time now (over 1 year). I'll be brave enough to post comments now! :)

Looks like you've had an eventful life since high school. Have fun on your trip to Hawaii. I'm so jealous that you're going!

The Baum's said...

Yes, you definitely conveniently left out some key details of life :) Have fun in Hawaii - I'm jealous!

Charlie Cooper said...

Responding to tags is gay and there is something wrong w/ that. Thus, expect no reply. Amen. --ROB--

Meghan said...

rob just can't handle homework assignments. never could. i am also not a fan of homework, but as my parents brightest child (as pronounced by each of them, not me), i always did it. as i will this assignment. expect it on your desk, err my blog tomorrow, though i doubt it would be exciting.. as i am sure robbies would.