Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I have arrived...

To be honest, 3 years ago when we found out we were having a little girl, I was an idiot. I actually sulked a little bit. I wanted a boy. I wanted to have someone who would watch Star Wars, and have Light Saber fights with me. I wanted someone who would sit through an entire football game with me and ask questions about players and plays. I wanted a boy who I could chase around and tackle. One who would tackle me too! I wanted someone who begged me to take him fishing, go skiing, watch cool movies like Superman. Little did I know that I was an idiot who had not arrived. I was an idiot! Look at my sisters and my wife! How dare I socio type women to think a boy would bring me more enjoyment than a girl?! Sorry to anyone who has only boys, but I have it better than you! Not only do I have a LITTLE GIRL who begs me to go fishing, snow ski, plays tackle football with me, watches all three quarters of Utah football games with me, but she is adorable! A true princess! She wants to be Snow White for Halloween! She takes 48 My Little Ponies EVERYWHERE! Gives the best kisses a dad could want, loves dogs, wants to play Light Saber Wars, sees young ladies out on Prom night and says "Look! A Princess!" and is one hell of a tackler! Well today I have arrived at that moment in a Fathers life when he says to himself "Am I really thinking this?". This morning something was tugging at me. I was excited for something and I couldn't remember what it was! I didn't even pay attention to NPR on the way to work because I was racking my mind over what it was I was so excited about! Do I have a flag football game tonight? No, thats on Wednesdays. Is there a football game on tonight? No. Utes play on Saturday. Is there a movie coming out today? YUP!!! Thats it! I have been looking forward to this movie for several weeks now! Today Tinkerbell hits the stores!.... Did I really just think that? Yup I did. I am actually excited to get off work and go straight to the store, where with baited breath I will find the shortest line through the check out, and then BOLT straight home. I can't wait to see Jada Rose's face when I hand the movie over to her! Well cook up some popcorn, heat up the Ute Room and enjoy what is sure to be a timeless classic...UNBELIEVABLE! I HAVE ARRIVED! Three years ago if I were to read what I have just written I would have punched myself in the face. But then again three years ago I was an idiot!

4 comments:

Peterson Fam said...

oh who are you kiddin? you used to get all excited about watching the little mermaid with me after school and don't deny it!! =) JK little girls are pretty fun. I love my little princess too. I think I am going to go buy the tink movie for my and my little princess as well. We can compare notes later. Love you!

Wilson 5 said...

Well, there is nothing quite like my little boy telling me I am beautiful (some minor brainwashing by his father of course). I am glad you had a girl, and Loni, cause I feel like I have littel girls too. My boy just came and asked for more Thomas! Gotta go.

The Chiltons said...

Teya sweetheart, your little girl is on her way!

Swa said...

What a sweet daddy you are!