Thursday, October 30, 2008

Ute Scars...

A few weeks ago Jada Rose came into our office and pulled up her shirt showing me her tummy. She looked worried and pointed to her scar saying "Big owie?" My heart broke! She had suddenly realized that there was something on her that wasn't normal. She's going to have this scar for the rest of her life. But on the same hand I personally take pride in this scar it represents a life saved, a life donated, and tears upon tears of worry. It then occurred to me! "Hey Jada wanna see who else has a cool scar like yours?" I showed her this photo of Paul Kruger. Then said "He's a football player for the UTES! and HE HAS A SCAR JUST LIKE JADA ROSE!" Her eyes became wide and she immediately beamed a HUGE SMILE. "Cool Scar?" She said. "YUP!" I replied. Welcome to the Paul Kruger Fan Club Jada Rose!...and thank you #11 for making my life a little easier as a Ute fan and as a Dad.



Background on Paul Kruger You may recognize him. He has spent some time with Charlie Cooper at PCMC over the last year.

3 comments:

Aimee Hardy said...

That's a great way to help make scars cool. What a good daddy. From that photo it looks like he's hot scars to match Jack too.

Andrea, It was great seeing you and Jada the other day. I hope Jada likes her new hair cut :)

The Baum's said...

Yep, scars rule - I should know! I got 2 for the price of one! Yeah for girls with scars!

Anonymous said...

Hi, this is Jessica Kruger you left a comment on my blog that I do for my family. I read Paul the comment that you wrote and showed him your picture and you could see in his face how pleased he was to help someone out even in the smallest way. I love those scars too. I was there when he was in the car accident that took his kidney and I held his intestines that were hanging out of his body when he was stabbed all the way to he hosptial so those scars mean alot to me too. Thanks for supporting my brother, we love our UTES!