Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Lets talk about the Utes for a moment

Many are aware of my almost sickening addiction to Utah Athletics, namely Utah Football. A brief look into Jada's website would lend a fair amount of insight as to why at this point I look to sports, and football for some extra guidance, support, and motivation. Yesterday there was an article in Deseret News about Brian Johnson (Utes Starting QB). He said some things regarding his trials that touched me. He has had several injuries that have put a major strain on his college career thus far, and this was a quote from him yesterday


"We've had challenges and we've dealt with them. It's just a matter of coming out, going to work everyday and trying to get better — realizing that you're not the only one who has challenges to deal with," Johnson said. "Things could have been a lot worse. You've got to play with the hand that was dealt and make the most of it."


"Things don't always happen perfectly," Johnson said. "But you find a way to make do with what you have and make the most of each moment."


I find a certain amount of strength in this, and pray that over the next few days I can commit or rather re-commit to have the same attitude with any challenges that may or may not befall my sweet family.

I spend a considerable amount of time on a website called Utefans.net Many many people there have followed Jada Rose and offered their time, prayers, and thoughts to her of which I am forever grateful. I clued them into the seriousness of yesterdays surgery or rather the pending results of the surgery, and received an unbelievable outpouring of concern and support from them! It is so cool to see people who for the most part are assembled as a group to support an otherwise trivial passion in comparison to life's true treasures, bond together and offer up their time, thoughts, and prayers for my little girl. Yesterday while we were being delayed for surgery the owner of Utefans (Chris) showed up in the hallway of PCMC just to check on us. He listened to me ramble on about Jada's condition, and my hopes, and fears. Then said he would like to send some flowers or something up to Jada. I told him we could not have flowers because of her immune system and said if he wanted to bring something to Jada Rose I would be fine with that. But assured him it was not necessary as his thoughts and prayers were enough. Well he assembled this group of people on Utefans and raised an unbelievable amount of cash to buy Jada Rose a REALLY COOL GIFT!!! I am completely taken aback, flattered, humbled, and so appreciative not only the contributions for their monetary value, although Jada I'm sure will quake with excitement with whatever gift she receives from these wonderful people, but also the representation of support, well wishing, prayers, and good vibes that each of those acts of kindness shows us.

We as fans gather in our prospective stadiums, family rooms, and tailgates to support a team that operates on their own talents and skills, yet somehow we believe that our presence and support makes a difference. We believe that we are a part of the team that is playing on the field. To those of you who are supporting us, Utefans, family, friends, I want you to know as fans of Jada Rose that you have, and are making a difference! Thank you so much! Go Utes, Go Jada Rose!

3 comments:

Wilson 5 said...

Glad things are going......I hate HIPPA.......and, well, keep us posted. What gift did the Utefans.net people give Jada? Hang in there guys!

Aimee Hardy said...

I'm so sorry to hear that Jada is back in the hospital. You guys are in our prayers. I know Hardy will be touched by your Brian Johnson quote.

Anonymous said...

You guys are in our prayers. We love you so much and hope for the best. This post was great Troy...I appreciate being able to get the latest info. on our little Jada Rose. Love you!

Amberlee