Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Some comforting research...

As I have been reading anything I can find about EBV today I have noticed there are many many transplant patients who are EBV positive. For the most part their success comes from anti-biotic and lowering prograf. Therefore, I am just going to leave it at that for now! Apparently EBV can live in the tonsils so having tonsils taken out might even help? I dunno. It appears that my initial scale below is perhaps a little too steep. After spending time on LiverFamilies.org and reading about others battles with EBV early detection is KEY! We have early detection...I hope. So hopefully it is enough to give us the key to success I have been reading about the last few hours. The reality of that scale is likely wrong in Jada's case. I'll hope and pray that it is.

5 comments:

Charlie Cooper said...

That's a relief! What day does she go back in for her labs? Is the anti-viral a 2 week course? Thanks for keeping us updated. We love you guys and please know that we are always here for anything---Angel& Rob

The Chiltons said...

Angel & Rob,
Good question on the anti viral we will find out tomorrow. We are going in tomorrow to speak with Dr. Book. I imagine they will likely run more labs tomorrow, and explain the course of action in more detail.

Jada's prograf level was actually too low two weeks ago so rather than lowering it more, they are keeping it the same. So basically the Anti-viral is the main weapon right now. Andrea and I are somewhat concerned with the conservative nature in dealing with this. That is one reason why we are going in to talk to the doctor tomorrow.

Wilson 5 said...

Can I come eavesdrop?

Wilson 5 said...

Just kidding by the way......but maybe you could put your phone on speaker?

Just kidding again.........but not really

Fun times at the McF home said...

Hang in there guys...you have fought so many battles so far, hopefully this is just another little bump in the road! Thanks for the update...McF's